Free 3D Printer Access at Arthur F. Turner Library
Library cardholders get free 3D printer access by appointment at the Arthur F. Turner Community Library!
WEST SACRAMENTO, CA (MPG) - 3D printing, or additive manufacturing, is a process of making three-dimensional objects from a digital file, usually by adding successive layers of heated, extruded material. You can use the printers to build objects from figurines to jewelry to household tools. You may even custom design objects using 3D modeling software, or visit websites which provide design-ready objects for printing.
To use a 3D printer, individuals must have:
- A Yolo County Library card in good standing
- Viewed the instructional video (or possess sufficient experience to use the equipment safely and appropriately)
- Signed a user agreement and liability waiver. Children under the age of 13 must be accompanied by an adult
3D printer appointments at the Arthur F. Turner Library are available on the following days:
• Tuesdays: 4:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m.
• Wednesdays: 11:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.
• Thursdays: 4:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m.
• Saturdays: 10:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. and 1:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m.
Note: Appointments may be booked back-to-back for larger files.